3.20.2007

a relationship with my mother in law...

I ran into my mother in law on the way to the coffee house tonight. She was heading home after a long day at her shop. I honked my horn and rolled down the window just to say hi. She asked where I was headed and asked if I was ok. It was comforting.

I think it's pretty ironic that I have what I consider a great relationship with mother in law. Considering that my relationship with my own parents is non-existant. Don't get me wrong.. the relationship isn't all bells and whistles either. She's my husband's mother.. enough said. But needless to say, I couldn't have asked, prayed, or given up my first born for the really comforting relationship I have with her. I try and make the attempt to swing by and say hi and check in on her to make sure that things are ok at least once a week.

I know that I have a certain amount of admiration for her. Along with that admiration comes respect. I don't think I would have had this relationship with her if I didn't have that respect. It's just nice to know that I can talk to her openly and know that she will always have our best interest in mind.

I'm lucky....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.