9.25.2007

a recap of some much needed recaps

So, it seems that my last post was back in June. Oh my... forgive me blog.

What's been happening in my life?

July
I love July only because I get spoiled rotten (it was planned this way, at least one of the events was, I had no control over the event) July is an entire month of celebration for me. Why... my birthday and my anniversary fall in this wonderful month of July. How did we celebrate? Hmm.. (racking old brain for a memory) Oh yes... the boy reminded me that he had woken up with a painful wrist and spent the morning at urgent care. He did manage to make it out and watch the opening of "Harry Potter." Post Harry, came home and baked cookies for the softball park. It was a pretty mellow birthday. I like them low key and just me and the boy. Plus, the end of the month, we had already planned a nice little getaway to San Diego and to SinCity. The combo of beach and gambling... love it! We visited The Wild Animal Park for the first time and survived Vegas heat. Oh... and I got to finish the final Harry book.

August
I'll just say one word. "Wedding" Too much detail to go into. Just nice to see old folks from college again. Good to see some things don't change and some things do.

September
I started September pondering a purchase, either another luxury purse that I would drool over or an SLR camera. The shutterbug in me won out. I'm now a proud shutterbugging owner of a Nikon D40. I adore my new techie toy. It came in handy as we headed off to Phoenix for a softball tournament.

Phoenix was hot hot hot. Dry heat thankfully but still hot. No matter how much water you drank, you were still dripping sweat and even more sweat. That was just the fans watching, can't imagine what the guys on the field felt like. It was a nice change to hang out with people from my softball park outside of the regular softball park. It did rain in Phoenix, right before we left. That kicked the humidity factor into high gear. Crazy crazy heat turned into sticky, gotta run back for a cold shower heat. Ew. But, the sky rewarded me with the following shot...



and one of my favorites of my favorite player...



I think that's all for now... until next time!

No comments: